What should I know about choosing shingles?
There are 3 basic types of shingles:
- Architectural shingles are the most popular because they are relatively inexpensive and attractive. Most homeowners choose asphalt shingles because the life expectancy is 25 years or more.
- Premium asphalt shingles provide a more distinctive appearance and carry a longer manufacturer’s warranty. They come in many unique styles which are more attractive, but also more expensive than the basic asphalt shingle.
- Metal and rubber roofing are the most durable products on the market. There are many different styles, colours and profiles of each. Best option is to contact your local roofing contractor for more details and pricing.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Once a job starts, how can I monitor its progress?
- What should I do if I see signs of damage?
- How do I spot potential trouble on my roof?
- My roof is leaking. Does that mean I need a new one?